VL Staal, a part of the Poujoulat Group, acquires a service company and becomes a full-service supplier of chimney solutions. This will enable the company to take care of customers’ chimneys from design stage to the decommissioning stage through expertise and maintenance.
The Esbjerg-based chimney manufacturer VL Staal A/S has carried out a takeover to Dansk Skorstens Teknik A/S.
– Our key skill has always been design and production of chimneys. When it comes to installation, maintenance and decommissioning, we have always hired external contractors or allowed the customers to find them, explains Jens Refshøj, sales and purchasing director at VL Staal.
– But in recent years we have experienced increasing demand for complete solutions. Customers want to shop in one place. This is why we assessed the development and decided to rise to the challenge.
An obvious partnership
There was a straightforward solution. VL Staal has collaborated with Dansk Skorstens Teknik for many years and knows that the service company is extremely competent and professional. And the technicians from Dansk Skorstens Teknik know the VL Staal solutions inside and out. So what was more natural than offering customers full service throughout all phases of the chimney’s lifecycle?
The owner of Dansk Skorstens Teknik, Erik Thomsen will remain the joint owner and will continue in the management of the company.
– I am looking forward to seeing my life’s work become a part of VL Staal. I actually worked at VL Staal when I was younger and have provided services to the company throughout DST’s lifetime. I know the company really well and believe that the takeover will lift the service to a new level, says Erik.
Jens Refshøj adds:
– There are no fewer than 8,000 chimneys from VL Staal around the world. They need to be maintained and who could be better at that than the company producing them? We must also remember that the integration of DST’s service people will provide the house with even more expertise and make our tendering and project work even more precise.
– Overall, the acquisition strengthens VL Staal and therefore the Poujoulat Group’s leading position in the Europan Chimney industry, concludes Jens.
No outward changes
Dansk Skorstens Teknik will retain its name and remain on Havdigevej 21 in Esbjerg, although VL Staal now owns the company. The only changes that the customers will notice will be the rise in expertise and broader solutions.